How To Pick The Best Belt Positioning Booster Car Seats
Keep your child safe and comfortable by knowing how to choose the best belt positioning booster car seats. Find out how and also explore some great choices we have reviewed and are going to discuss with you in this article.
The protection of your child is of utmost importance. No matter the age, there are safety precautions you take.
For an older child of four to eight years of age, a belt positioning booster seat is a great way to keep your child safe in a car.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), a child should not be placed in a typical seat belt until they reach 4 feet and nine inches tall. They also state the child should be at least eight years old before the transition is made.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) also says, “belt-positioning booster car seats reduce the risk of injury in children aged 4 through 8 years. On the basis of these analyses, parents, pediatricians, and health educators should continue to recommend as best practice the use of best belt positioning booster car seats once a child outgrows a harness-based child restraint until he or she is at least 8 years of age.”
With so many booster seats on the market, how do you know which is best for your child? There are many ways to discover the best type, best fit and best seat for your lifestyle.
Let’s begin by discussing what the best belt positioning booster car seats are.
What is a belt positioning booster seat?
Seat belts within your vehicle are made standard-sized for the average adult. When a child is young, average seat belts don’t fit properly.
A booster seat allows your child to fit within the seat belt by raising the child up to a certain height. This improves the angle of the seat belt and allows it to fit tight.
Most booster seats come with special clips to help maneuver the seat belt into the correct position for weight and height of your child.
A belt positioning booster seat is padded and allows your child to stay comfortable and safe at the same time.
There are many different options when it comes to booster seats. Which is right for you? Keep reading to discover the types and features and also some of the best boosters on the market today.
Types of Booster Seats
There are two different types of booster seats on the market. These two types include:
Each one has its pros and cons. However, both are considered safe for use for children of the correct age.
High-Back Booster Seats
A high-back booster seat has support all the way past the child’s ears including a headrest and a booster seat.
The high-back booster offers a back that goes the length of the car seat. Instead of the seat of the actual car behind your child, it is the car seat. This adds extra padding and support to raise your child up properly.
Here are some important features of high-back booster seats:
- If your car has a low seat back, the high-back booster can add the head support needed to keep your child safe.
- Some high-back booster seats come with wings that come up from the sides to protect your child’s head and chest.
- High-back boosters are easier for belt positioning due to there being more clips included in the sides.
High-back booster seats are a great choice for parents who will be using the car seat often. These are great stationary booster seats and don’t need to be moved to be effective daily.
Backless Booster Seats
Backless booster seats are just like the high-back except they do not have a back. Instead, the child is sitting against the actual seat of your car.
The backless booster is simply a large cushion with guides for the seatbelt placement. This raises your child up to the correct height.
Backless booster seats are great for moving and travel. If you need to store it for a while, booster seats that are backless are easy to remove and store due to their small size.
If the seats of your car do not come up above the child’s ears, you will need a booster seat with a high-back. Your child can suffer injuries due to whiplash without head support.
Here are some important features:
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Bigger kids fit in the booster seat easier and may enjoy it more due to it being smaller.
- Backless booster seats are lightweight and not bulky.
Although a high-back booster seat may be what is best, a backless booster seat is a great option for travel.
How Do You Know If It Fits?
You need to make sure your belt positioning booster car seat fits properly. Follow the safety guidelines. These guidelines are as follows:
These guidelines are as follows when choosing the best belt positioning booster car seats:
- Lap belts must fit low on your child. The belt must touch the hips and thighs of your child. If it doesn’t, the fit is incorrect.
- The belt should cross the middle of the child’s shoulder and should also touch the chest.
- The belt needs to be loose enough to pull slightly but tight enough to keep the child from moving during a crash. You can test this by pulling on your child’s belt. Does belt recoil? Is the belt too loose. Is the child uncomfortable? Probably too tight.
- Does your booster have wings? This may cause the belt to sit away from your child. This is an incorrect fit that can cause serious injury to your child.
- If your child is the same age as required but weighs less, you may need an actual car seat instead of a booster. You can purchase a combination seat that turns into a booster later on.
The Best Belt Positioning Booster Car Seats on the Market
There are many different belt positioning booster seats on the market. However, not all are created equal.
From high-price and frivolous to low-cost and completely unsafe, there are winners and losers.
Here is a list of three of the Best Belt Positioning Booster Car Seats on the market.
Top Customer Picks: Best Belt Positioning Booster Car Seats
Evenflo is known for high-quality products for children. This high-back booster is no exception.
Evenflo Amp High Back Booster Car Seat features include:
- Safety tested for all regulations.
- Special padding around the head and the body, perfect for impact.
- This seat is two-in-one that turns into a backless booster for later years.
- Belt paths help you guide the seat-belt into the correct position for you child.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- Rated comfortable and great for positioning.
The Evenflo Car Seat is perfect for travel and is sustainable. This car seat can withstand twice the energy of the federal crash standard.
The Evenflo Car Seat also has an adjustable pillow, perfect for sleeping little ones. This car seat is priced decently and efficient to use for many years.
Britax is another company that knows their stuff. This booster is different because it includes a click tight installation system that gets it right the first time.
Some Britax Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness 2-Booster features include:
- Safe impact protection on the sides of the seat.
- Click tight installation for easy install the first time.
- Advanced protection.
- Protective shell shields your child from debris in case of an accident.
- The front has an adjustable recline that moves your child into the correct position every time.
The click tight installation system makes this car seat completely safe and immobile. The impact protection protects your child on impact, even through difficult accidents.
Britax is a great option for you and your wallet. Most importantly, the protection it offers is five-star for your child.
Once again, Evenflo makes the list with this car seat booster. The special thing here is that it converts from a five-point harness to a true seat belt as your child gets older.
This allows your child to grow with the car seat, ultimately saving you time and money.
Here are the key Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat features:
- Cup holders are including for all of your child’s snack and cups.
- Has tether and latch systems for added security and safety.
- Seat belt changes from harness to lap belt as your child grows.
- Has passed several safety tests over and over again.
- Light and easy to use.
- Soft and washable.
If you want to get the most bang for your buck, this Evenflo Maestro is perfect for you and your family.
Final Notes: Best Belt Positioning Booster Car Seats
These booster seats can last many years and can be handed down and used again. All are safe and efficient.
Follow the safety and fit instructions to ensure the fit is great and choose a booster that works great for your child.
Although the decision can be difficult, the protection you will receive is priceless.
If you are looking for the best belt positioning booster car seats, allow yourself plenty of time to make the decision and do not rush yourself. Look at the features each provides as much as you look at the price. Your child is worth all the effort!
You might also be interested in checking out these posts and guides:
Best Seller Amazon: 20 Best Booster High Chair Reviews Best Convertible High Chair Prices From Amazon Looking for more best …
Best Seller Amazon: Top 25 Best Booster Seats For Table & Hook-On Seats For Feeding Best Seller Amazon: Top 20 Best Fast Table Hook-on Chairs For Kids Looking for more best selling Baby Feeding Products? You might also want to consider checking our …
Top 20 Best High Back Boosters For Kids Bооѕtеr ѕеаtѕ аrе thе bеѕt wау tо keep your сhіld ѕаfе іn thе саr after he оr ѕhе оutgrоwѕ a harnessed сhіld seat but is tоо small tо соrrесtlу fіt a vеhісlе’ѕ ѕеаt bеlt. The use оf any bооѕtеr ѕеаt will іmрrоvе уоur child’s safety, аnd lіkеlу his соmfоrt as wеll. Chаnсеѕ …
Top 20 Best Backless Booster Seats If you are considering backless booster for your little one, this list of the Best Backless Booster Seats would be a great place to start. Backless booster seats аrе ѕіmрlу cushions thаt raise the height of уоur сhіld so that there іѕ a bеttеr сhаnсе of getting a proper ѕhоuldеr …
Top 20 Best 5 Point Harness Booster Seat Recommendations Check other Best Seller Amazon Baby Products Guides here.
Best Seller Amazon: Top 20 Best Booster Seats For Eating If you are looking for the a high chair or table booster seat for your child, you will love our comprehensive list of the the Best Booster Seats For Eating from among Best Sellers on Amazon. Your bаbу іѕ gоіng to bе ѕреndіng a lоt оf tіmе іn thеіr dinning …
The Top 5 Best Booster Car Seats For Kids Reviewed How does a parent go about choosing the best booster car seats for kids to ensure the safety of any child or children on board? Nowadays, people tend to drive much more than they used to. And children? They spend much more time in cars than they did before vehicle …