Best Baby Car Seat For Small Cars: Evenflo LX Infant Car Seat Review
So you are a parent and looking for the best baby car seat to fit your small size car or mini cooper, how do you find the best baby car seat for small cars? We have tried to look around and the good news is that we have found what we consider the best baby car seat for small cars.
Baby car seats have been effective companions to children and parents ever since they were created. The safety a car seat provides is enforced not only by protective parents but even the government.
In fact, the US government requires cars with young passengers to be equipped with baby seats. Other countries such as United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Canada, New Zealand, and Austria also implement the same law regarding the availability of baby car seats on vehicles with young travelers.
Because of the protection a child seat provides, parents find this seat as a must-have. As true as it can be, baby seats have always been rational in increasing the security level of a child against potential road accidents or falls from airborne turbulence.
However, to ensure child safety within a baby seat, you must pick the size of car seat that can fit your child and your vehicle.
As the demand for the ideal best baby car seat for small cars has massively increased in the market – with more and more small car models coming out, competing companies have made several models of car seats designed to fit small cars.
Some even overwhelmingly improved the design by putting several features in one baby car seat. That is why most baby car seats today are cumbersome and bulky. Moreover, this has become a concern especially for parents with a small car.
So what is the best baby car seat for small cars? Introducing the Evenflo Embrace LX.
Best Baby Car Seat For Small Cars: Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat
Here’s the good news: the Evenflo Embrace LX is one of the best baby seats for small cars.
Rated by Leading Consumer Magazine as the “Best Buy” car seat in 2013, the Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat has several noteworthy features that your child will love and qualities that you can brag about to other parents.
Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat Features:
The Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat is made from durable plastic and covered with polyester fabric.
It has undergone federal crash test standards that guarantee durability and robustness against collision forces.
The Evenflo Embrace LX can accommodate babies weighing 4 lbs to 35 lbs and height up to 30 inches (approximately 76cm).
The durable plastic structure offers a lightweight feature that promotes easy transport.
The car seat went through Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) 213 (child restraint system) and 302 (flammability of interior materials).
Embrace LX has passed the test of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 302 and 213.
FAA-approved, usable in aircraft and private vehicles.
Stylish and very compact
This baby car seat has 3 positions for the shoulder harness
Available in three unique designs: Raleigh, Marianna, and Penelope.
The base has stay-in-car feature. Hence, the seat is usable with or without the base.
The car seat is equipped with an exclusive canopy to protect the infant from outdoor elements such as sunlight and dusty wind alike.
The handle is adjustable to five angles with a secure locking system to ensure no problems while carrying.
The car seat has removable pillows for better support for your growing infant. You can easily disembark it when necessary.
The car seat is portable and still functional even without the base which makes the seat easy to transport from car to home, vice versa.
The polyester fabric is easy to clean and can be washed using a machine.
The adjustable handle position makes the car seat portable and convenient to carry.
The straps of the car seat do not get twisted.
The belt is easy to unbuckle.
Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat is high in quality and low in price
The canopy does not cover the baby completely.
The multiple positions of the handle can make carrying awkward. Make sure to check the manual to see proper handling position for child safety.
The polyester material used in the car seat acts an insulator, which keeps the baby warm. Most parents prefer having breathable fabric covering the car seat to avoid infant from sweating.
Looking high and low of the Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat, we have clearly seen the excellence mounted on this car seat, though admittedly, there is room for improvements.
The quirky style of this car seat is charming and trendy. The lightweight feature is amazing, though it is also a bit threatening as carrying it with infant inside can sometimes give you a feeling like it is going to break off.
The canopy is a bit awkward. It could have been made longer to completely protect the infant against the scorching heat of the sun. The price is affordable and reasonable as for the discussed qualities of the product.
Best Baby Car Seat For Small Cars: Possible Alternative
Want the best baby seat for small cars that can do more than Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat can? You can consider the Evenflo Chase LX Harnessed Booster.
The Evenflo Chase LX Harnessed Booster model is a 2-in-1 combination booster seat that can accommodate babies weighing 22 lbs to 110 lbs.
You can position your baby in this car seat securely with the 5-point harness and belt.
The same with the Evenflo Embrace LX model, the Chase LX is also lightweight. It has LATCH system that makes installation a piece of cake – you can transfer the car seat to another vehicle in less effort.
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B016UJHFEI” locale=”US” tag=”norge0f-20″]Evenflo Chase LX Harnessed Booster[/easyazon_link] has also undergone Federal Crash Test Standards where the side impact and structural integrity have been tested – and impressively passed the criteria.
On each side of the Chase LX are deep cup holders designed as perfect places for your kid’s most loved drink. The Chase LX is available in seven great designs and colors: Grey, Laguna, Olivia, Aqua Optical, Jasmin, Jubilee, and Tonal Hearts.
The prices vary in the design but generally speaking; the Chase LX is cheaper than the Embrace LX but each of these seats stands out as the the best baby car seat for small cars.
Speaking long-term, if you are looking for a cost-efficient cost-effective best baby seat for small cars, then Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat is for you. Its compact structure and stylish design will look fabulous on your baby and your vehicle. However, remember though that the paramount priority is your child’s safety.
Choosing the best baby car seat for small cars is not easy. Buying the best car seat requires much time for in-depth examination to ensure it can provide extreme protection for your baby.
Check Related Best Deals on Amazon
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon
4 used from $ 110.69
- BUILT TO GROW: The 3-in-1 car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- EASY IN, EASY OUT: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- QUICKFIT HARNESS: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- WASH AND DRY: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn
2 used from $ 43.49
- Side impact tested, Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard
- Multiple shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
- Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
- Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children
Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Matrix
5 used from $ 184.49
- 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat gives you 10 years of use from four to 120 pounds
- Rear-facing baby car seat from 4 to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing toddler car seat from 20 to 65 pounds
- Booster seats in high back belt-positioning mode from 30 to 100 pounds and backless belt-positioning mode from 40 to 120 pounds
- InRight LATCH system for an easy, 1-second LATCH attachment
Disney APT Convertible Car Seat, Mouseketeer Minnie
- Designed for children 5 to 40 pounds and 19 inches to 43 inches in height
- rear-facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 22 to 40 pounds
- Side impact protection
- 5-point harness with up-front adjustment
- Deluxe Disney softgoods package
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat, Pierce
9 used from $ 73.41
- Ultra-lightweight infant car seat is easy to transport from the car to the stroller and everywhere in between
- Rear-facing car seat helps protect infants from 4 - 35 pounds; and up to 32", making it an excellent first car seat for baby
- Click Connect system provides a one-step secure attachment between the rear facing car seat to all Graco Click Connect Strollers to create a travel system
- These Graco infant car seats are rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and reassure safety-conscious parents
- SafeSeat Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System, Hounds Tooth
5 used from $ 107.14
- Infant car seat accommodates 5 ~ 30 pounds and heights of 30 inches or less.
- Large soft head support for the car seat or the stroller
- Multi-position reclining seat, and height adjustable handle
- One hand fold, large storage basket
- Birth to 50lbs.
Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat, Sully
5 used from $ 116.84
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child from toddler to youth
- Front facing car seat harness booster (22 - 65 lb.), high back booster (30 - 100 lb.), backless booster (40 - 100 lb.)
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion, to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- 3-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy
- Side-impact tested for occupant retention with built-in 5-point harness system
Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
4 used from $ 86.09
- This Graco convertible car seat is designed to help protect your rear-facing infant from 5 - 40 pounds; and your forward-facing toddler from 20 - 65 pounds
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System is safe and simple with a one-hand, no re-thread harness that automatically adjusts
- Side-impact tested In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Contender 65 car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest easily adapts to your growing toddler's needs, helping to keep her secure in her travels
Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat Thunder
4 used from $ 57.39
- This 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat fitting children from 22-110 lbs. converts from a 5-point harnessed car seat to belt-positioning booster allowing for extended use as your child grows
- The Maestro Harness Booster Car seat helps protect harnessed children from 22-50 pounds and belt-positioned children from 40-110 pounds
- This lightweight Booster Car Seat comes equipped for LATCH systems allowing for easy installation and transfer between multiple vehicles
- Designed and tested for both Side Impact and Structural Integrity at energy levels approximately 2 times the Federal Crash Test Standards to keep your child safe
- Integrated cup holders keep drinks close without increasing the width of the car seat, allowing multiple car seats to fit your back seat